Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bring on Tuesday

Good morning!  Kids are at school (except one who is sick with a cold) ,coffee is good and the washer and dryer ran well into the night - such troopers.  Still have some laundry waiting for today.  I was thinking earlier today about the house I grew up in.  It had this magical laundry chute from the second floor that went down into the basement where the laundry room was.  As a child, boy was that thing fun!  Bless my mother's heart, all sorts of things made it down that chute without injury, including the story of the cat making the trip. I don't actually remember that one, but my siblings retell that one today.  I guess I was a good kid only sending notes tied to a string, stuffed animals and probably other things I don't remember.  As the Laundry Fairy, I would love to remodel my current house to add a chute.  It would make it easier for the kids to get their clothes down (not back up again though) and would sure save energy for me!  And my kids are too big to fit each other down a chute so that's one potential scenario eliminated. 


On a deeper note, I was thinking about how I wanted to encourage you through this new adventure in blogging and I had lots of clever sayings and thoughts to share, but the one that I go back to time and again is Proverbs 31.  For those that don't think the bible deals with the concerns of today, check it out.  Today's struggles are nothing new. 

Tried and true and never fails to lift me up.  There are a few verses that stand out to me every time:  Proverbs 31 Epilogue - The Wife of Noble Character -

Verses 10-12 "Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.  She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life."

Verse 17 "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."

Verse 20 "She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy."

Verses 26-27 "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."

Verse 30 "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." 


The whole Epilogue is what I feel is the complete package of a Godly wife and mother.  I strive to be that kind of woman, but always fall short.  The beautiful part of that thought, is that I always fall into God's grace.  Every day his mercies are new.  I pray this encourages you today.



Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment