Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday - Plugged in

Well, we made it through another Wednesday! 

Before going to my bible study last night, I went in feeling run down, scattered and just glad to have made it.  By the time I left, I was feeling encouraged, energized and ready to do battle.  God is amazing like that.  We talked about how just like a phone or electronic device, we have to plug into God and his word daily to recharge our batteries. It really is a great visual and one I see every day when I plug my phone up to recharge.  I know that when I don't get that time in, I feel less connected to Him and less motivated to help others and less productive at what I do daily.  The more days I go without plugging in, the stronger the lack of motivation is and the more I lean on self and my own attempt at wisdom.  Then suddenly I realize that I am haven't spent any time with Him and that I am REALLY far behind on what I have been entrusted to do with my home and family.  I know that it all goes back to spending that time with God.  If I truly put Him first in my life and in my day, everything else falls into place.  There is a beautiful and perfect rhythm to everything when you walk in sync with the Creator.  Even when the storms of life come, and boy do they come, as long as we seek Him first, He won't let us be washed away.

Storm of life?
When you think about God's love for us, it is hard to fathom.  We wonder sometimes if He really knows or cares about the little things we face daily and I heard something once that really struck home - have you ever made anything from scratch?  Maybe something with clay, paint or wood?  Even sewing or crocheting?  When you made it, didn't you know the smallest detail like how your finger smoothed the edges of the sculpture, or how a certain paint stroke hit the canvas?  If you believe that God created you, then don't you think He knows the finite details of you - His very own creation?  I love the way that is laid out.  I lean back into that often and it reminds me that nothing is too small or too big for my God.
The Calm after the Storm


Be encouraged today that no matter what kind of storm you may be facing, some are quiet and some are like hurricanes, there is One who can handle it and sees what is on the other side of the storm.

This verse brought me strength and hope not too long ago and I hope it will do the same for you.

Psalm 62:5-6
      "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."

 


In Him,


Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment