Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One Day Without Shoes

I wanted to share a fun and meaningful opportunity I had this afternoon.  A local business hosted an event with Tom's called "One Day Without Shoes" to raise awareness of children who go without shoes daily.  You may have heard of Tom's - for every pair of Tom's shoes purchased, they donate a pair of shoes to a child in another country who is without shoes.  My kids love the shoes and really feel like they are helping other kids in need.  I know, the skeptic in me usually thinks, "Do the shoes really make it to a child in need?"  The answer is a resounding "Yes".  One of the High School girls in our church is a contact for this program and she can vouch for it. 
This was the first time this business has hosted this event and I would guess about 50 people showed up.  The event gave us the opportunity to walk a ways barefoot to raise our awareness of what it must be like.  Lots of High School students, Girl Scouts and others showed their support.  I hope they do it again next year.  I will help promote the cause if they do because it is so worthwhile.

Check out the link below for Tom's and for the One Day Without Shoes.  There may be an event in your area you can join.  The ODWS link is on the Tom's website. Please check this out! 



In Him,

Kerri


No comments:

Post a Comment