Monday, April 16, 2012

Starry Skies

Good Morning!  The weekend is over and it is time to hit the laundry.  I actually took a laundry break on Sunday, even Fairies need a day off sometimes.  I had a precious moment last night with my Granddaughter.  It was nice and cool outside and the stars were out when I stepped out back with her.  I realized that was the first time she had been outside with me after dark. Normally she is asleep at that time, so I looked up and saw the stars were bright and the sky was clear.  I pointed up at the brightest star and she saw it - maybe for the first time.  She is 7 months old and is seeing many things for the first time.  I love that age of wonder!  As I watched her looking at the skies, I wondered what she was thinking.  I feel very close to God and his creation when I stop and take in the stars.  They truly are wondrous creations of the Creator.  The bible says that He calls each one by name.  We don't even know how many there are, yet He has a name for each one.  That makes me feel so small but then I remember the verses in Psalm 139:13-14 that says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  It amazes and humbles me to know that the one who created the universe that we can't grasp the magnitude of, also knit me together. He calls us both by name.  He is worthy to be praised. 


He knows every one by name


Life can so fast with our schedules and the world trying to dictate what is important.  Please take a deliberate moment to look and find God's hand around you.  He will show you if you are willing to open your eyes and heart. 


In Him,


Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment